Dual Valve (DFV)
The DUAL valve operates on the discharge side of the pump. As the flow through the pipeline starts or stops, the ball automatically rises or falls, opening or closing the valve. The handwheel is there to lock the ball in position. The handwheel can be used to isolate, but with back pressure. The Dual valve can work in the horizontal and vertical position.
The Dual Valve is the only proven maintenance and trouble-free slurry valve in the world with all these features
- Rotating and floating ball which self-adjusts to flow.
- Self-cleaning, due to the freely rotating ball.
- Long ball life, due to ball rotation.
- Replaces two valves: check valve and either a gate, knife gate, pinch or diaphragm valve.
- Full port opening – no obstruction to the flow.
- Virtually no pressure drop which eliminates water hammer.
- Long seat life – seats are out of the flow and can be rotated in-line to increase seat life fourfold.
- Easy maintenance – seat and ball can be inspected or replaced without removing the Dual Valve from the pipeline.
- Indicator to show valve in open or closed position.
- Virtually maintenance free because of the simple design.
- Simple manual operation – manual handwheel is standard and automatic actuators are not required (but can be fitted).